Dr. James H. Stewart is a Board-Certified Dermatologist with over 30 years of experience. He joined the Dermatology Clinic of Idaho in 1996. Dr. Stewart graduated with a medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia and served his residency at the University of California, Irvine. He also received a PhD in nutrition from the University of California, Berkeley.
In addition to his board certification, Stewart is a fellow member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Idaho Dermatology Association, Idaho Medical Association, Boise Valley Dermatology, and Ada County Medical Society. He currently is affiliated with Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center with emeritus status.
Dr. Stewart has practiced dermatology for the Permanente Medical Group, March AFB and was an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Irvine before coming to practice with the Dermatology Clinic of Idaho in Boise.
- BA Biochem, 1975, University of California, Berkeley
- PhD Nutrition, 1981, University of California, Berkeley
- Pathology Fellowship, 1981-1982, University of Texas, San Antonio
- MD Medicine, 1986, Medical College of Virginia
- Internal Medicine Internship, 1986-1987, Wadsworth V.A. Medical Center
- Dermatology Residency, 1987-1990, University of California, Irvine
Licensure: Idaho Medical License
Board Status: Diplomat, American Board of Dermatology, 12-90
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Mohs Surgery, Fellow
- Idaho Medical Association
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Publications: Long Lasting Sunscreens: 2012