SkinPen® is a popular microneedling device used by Skin Care Providers around the world. Here are four facts about it from its developers at Crown Aesthetics:
1. It’s the First Device That’s FDA Approved
SkinPen is the first microneedling device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that’s clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for people ages 22 and over. The FDA’s clearance covers the SkinPen device and entire protocol which includes the Skinfuse® Lift HG hydrogel used to protect against abrasion and friction during the treatment, as well as the custom-designed BioSheath that prevents cross-contamination.
2. 90% of Patients Recommend SkinPen
Based on 2017 data from Bellus Medical, 90% of people would recommend it to friends and family.
Those are some pretty great stats.
3. There Are Some People Who Shouldn’t Get Microneedling With SkinPen
The following patients shouldn’t get microneedling:
- Anyone with active skin cancer in the treatment area(s)
- On open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s)
- If you have an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics
- Anyone with a hemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction
- If you are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).
4. It’s Getting Lots of Media Attention
SkinPen is getting rave reviews from patients and Providers, as well as celebs and media outlets around the world. Check out this recent coverage on Live with Kelly and Ryan:
Source: Crown Aesthetics YouTube Channel
If you’re interested in getting microneedling, make an appointment today with a talented Dermatology Clinic of Idaho Provider.